Hey there folks. Yes, I’m back. I honestly wasn’t sure if I was going to continue sex blogging for a while. My health has taken a serious battering this year and I’m not fully back to “normal” yet, whatever normal is going to look like from now on. I’m taking it one day at a time.
But I did find that I missed sex blogging and talking to you all. So, after a long hiatus, I’m back. A couple of things are going to be changing around here, most notably that I’m going to be much less rigid with myself about my posting frequency.
I’d love to share content with you reliably on set days throughout the week, every week. I really would. But the reality is that I am neurodivergent, have a busy grad school and vanilla work schedule, and have unreliable physical and mental health. So I’m choosing kindness to myself and I’m going to write when I can, forgive myself when I can’t, and focus on work that pays (without compromising on my values and my ethical obligations to my readers, of course.)
If you’re still here, thank you for bearing with me.
Now let’s get on with the review, shall we?
Once again, my lovely pals at Lovehoney have sent me their sex toy advent calendar, this year created in partnership with Womanizer. And once again, I’m going to be opening a door a day and telling you about the products inside.
This kit is aimed at “couples”, and assumes one penis-owner and one vulva-owner. There are several other adult advent calendars in the range including 12 day toy calendars for different types of bodies and a 7 day lingerie calendar.
I’m going to try a slightly different format this year as I review this kit: giving you some basic product info, some pros and cons, and a quick final verdict on each product.
Sex Toy Advent Calendar 2022 Day 1: Bullet Vibrator
- Material: ABS plastic
- Colour: Shiny gold with a black Lovehoney heart insignia.
- Body safe? Yes – ABS is non-porous and non-toxic.
- Power: Rechargeable, cable included.
- Speeds/patterns: 3 constant speeds, 7 patterns
- Waterproof: Yes, submersible.
- Size: 3″ in length, 0.8″ in diameter.
- Lube compatible: Yes, all kinds.
- Cleaning: Gentle soap and warm water or a 10% bleach solution.
- Surprisingly powerful for its small size
- Small enough to slide between bodies during penetrative sex other activities
- Versatile and suitable for a wide range of body parts
- A little more buzzy than I would like
- Only one button, making it a little annoying to select the pattern you want
A decent, basic bullet vibrator. Unlikely to satisfy serious power fans or those who really need rumbles, but otherwise perfectly serviceable and does what it says on the tin.
Thanks to Lovehoney for sending me the 2022 Couples’ Sex Toy Advent Calendar, which retails for £130 and contains £374.99 worth of products, to review. All views are mine. Affiliate links appear in this post and shopping through them helps to keep the site going! US readers can buy it here.