Yes, it’s that time again! A week from right now I will be at Eroticon 2020 and I am BUZZING. (Or I will be, when I’ve written my talk. Bad presenter, I know.)
Let’s dive in to the virtual get-to-know-you, shall we?
Name (and Twitter if you have one)
Amy Norton. @CoffeeAndKink on Twitter.
Tell us 3 things you are most looking forward to at Eroticon 2020
- Seeing my people! There are so many lovely folks I’m just so looking forward to hugging, catching up and sharing a drink with.
- Learning some cool stuff! There are, as always, so many amazing presenters lined up for Eroticon and I can’t wait to soak up all the knowledge in the room. I’m especially excited for Livvy‘s session on the language of anatomy and Meg-John Barker‘s session on consent in erotic fiction and fantasy.
- Saturday night! The Saturday night social is always one of my favourite parts of the weekend. I love getting to social butterfly all over the room, chatting to so many amazing people and comparing notes on all the things we learned during the day. I’ve been craving dancing lately, so I’m hoping I might get the opportunity. I might even get the catsuit out again.
Sadly with a change of venue this year for the Friday night meet and greet we won’t be compiling a play list but I know that everyone enjoys that bit so…. What is a song that always makes you want to dance?
Oh god, this is such a cliche, but… Mr Brightside. It’s mine and my best friend’s song and it will never not make me think of him and our university days.
What is the best book you have read in the last 12 months?
I have to pick just ONE!? Okay, fine. *grumble*
I’m going to pick the short story collection You Know You Want This (AKA Cat Person and other Stories) by Kristen Roupenian (she of Cat Person fame.) It’s a collection of vivid, brutal, often violent and always shocking stories which ask some really tough questions about sexuality, relationships and consent – and goes to some pretty dark places in the process. I’m going to write about it soon.
As you sit writing this post what are three things you are grateful for?
1. My cat, who is currently snoozing on his cat tree with his feet pressed up against the radiator for warmth.
2. Good colleagues who are kind, appreciative and fun.
3. Pole dancing and all the wonderful things it has brought to my life.
What is your mobile (cellphone) wallpaper or home screen image?
An abstract image with a quote from the musical RENT: “Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.”
If someone gave you £5000 today which you were not allowed to save but had to spend within 24 hours what would you do with it?
Pay up my grad school fees in advance for the next two and a half years. Boring, but true and necessary.
Complete the sentence: I need..
…about twenty seven more hours in each day, and then I might vaguely be on top of things.
See you all at Eroticon!