Many of you will remember #Smutathon2017, a mad idea I had in the middle of the night and which some of my wonderful writing friends were kind enough to go along with. It was essentially a 12 hour writing marathon challenge. We raised £2000 for charity, which we split evenly between Backlash and Rape Crisis England & Wales.
Well, Smutathon is back for 2018, and it’s bigger and better than ever! This year, we’ll be holding the main event at a Mystery Location… okay, it’s not actually a mystery, it’s a large Air B’n’B in Cheshire. It’ll be taking place on Saturday 11 August between 10am and 10pm, where we will write our hearts out for 12 hours and ask you to please sponsor us.
Smutathon 2018 participants are:
- Amy Norton AKA Coffee & Kink (yours truly)
- Exhibit A
- The Other Livvy
- Hannah Lockhardt
- Love Lust London
- Jayne Renault
- Eve Ray
- Confess Hannah
The in-person event is now at capacity, but we welcome remote participants from all over the world! You can even adjust the time to suit your timezone, if you want. All you need to do to get involved is let us know, share the fundraising page, and write!
#SmutForChoice: Our chosen charity
This year we’re fundraising for Abortion Support Network. Chosen in honour of the recent “Repeal the 8th” campaign in the Republic of Ireland, ASN is an amazing organisation that supports people who need to travel from Ireland or the Isle of Man to England in order to access abortion. They, like us, believe that abortion should be free, safe and legal. From their website:
“ASN is not a campaigning or lobbying organisation. While other organisations campaign for much needed law reform, our volunteers work hard to provide immediate, practical support to women who are unable to access safe and legal abortion in their own countries.”
So… tell us about winning sex toys?
Yes! We decided to hold a raffle this year to boost our fundraising and we’ve got some amazing prizes for you. Unless marked below as UK only, all prizes can be shipped anywhere in the world. If we draw your name for a UK only prize, we will randomly assign you a different prize that we can send.
- Satisfyer Pro Traveler (donated by a kind anonymous friend)
- Pink & silver “Ambit” silicone dildo (donated by Godemiche)
- $50 Peepshow Toys voucher (donated by Peepshow Toys)
- Fifty Shades Freed “Lavish Attention” vibrator (donated by me)
- Queen Bee clitoral stimulator (donated by Hot Octopuss)
- Zumio clitoral stimulator (donated by Zumio)
- Desire vibrating strapless strap-on (donated by Lovehoney) (UK winners only)
- Thrust Zoey suction control penis stroker (donated by Lovehoney)
- Classic mains-powered wand vibrator (donated by Lovehoney) (UK winners only)
- Deluxe mains-powered wand vibrator (donated by Lovehoney) (UK winners only)
- Positive Vibes rainbow vibrator (donated by Lovehoney)
- Booty Buddy vibrating silicone butt plug (donated by Lovehoney)
- Bijoux Indiscrets Twenty One diamond vibrator (donated by Livvy)
How To enter
There are two ways to enter the Smutathon 2018 raffle. Entries are £2 each, you can enter as many times as you like, and the draw will be done (and shared live on Twitter!) at the main event on Saturday 12 August 2018.
- ENTER VIA JUSTGIVING: donate to our JustGiving page and put “raffle” + your Twitter handle or email in the message/ comment box. If you don’t want this info available publicly, contact me to let me know the name you paid with so I can record your entry.★★★Very important:★★★ if you are entering the raffle via Justgiving, do not tick the box when asked if you would like to Gift Aid your donation. Raffle entries cannot be Gift Aided. This is a legal requirement and if you do tick the Gift Aid box, your entry will not be counted.
- ENTER VIA PAYPAL: Paypal your entry money (multiples of £2) to coffeeandkink69 (at) gmail (dot) com. (Please select the “friends/family” option so neither of us get hit with extra fees!)
How else can I help?
- Donate, of course, and/or enter the raffle.
- Share this post and our fundraising page on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or whatever your favourite social media is.
- Donate a prize to the raffle. Body-safe sex toys, lube, lingerie, kink gear and event tickets are all very welcome.
- Volunteer for or support Abortion Support Network in any way you can.