Coffee & Kink is proud to be a member of the Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers.
In the world of sex toys, there’s a lot of information and a lot of misinformation out there. Fake reviews and spammy tactics abound from those looking to make a quick buck without truly caring about their readers. As a result, it can be difficult for consumers to make informed choices about their bodies and their purchasing choices.
The Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers was created to combat this misinformation and to offer genuine, reliable sex toy reviews written by folks who know what they’re talking about. We are a group of bloggers who are passionate about our subject and who have committed to a shared set of ethical standards (please see “The Alliance Minimum Standards”, below) because we want our readers to have accurate and trustworthy information about the pleasure products they buy and use.
Current members of the Alliance are as follows (presented alphabetically):
- Coffee & Kink (that’s me!)
- Dildo or Dildon’t
- Girl on the Net
- Gogo Gadget
- Hey Epiphora
- Kayla Lords: A Sexual Being
- Kelvin Sparks
- Love is a Fetish
- Miss Ruby Reviews
- Molly’s Daily Kiss
- Mx.ed Reviews
- Nikki Nelson Writes
- Obsession Rouge
- On Her Back
- Princess Previews
- Queer Earthling
- Spices of Lust
- Super Smash Cache
- Tess Tesst
- Witch of the Wands
The Alliance Minimum Standards
The below are the standards to which all members of the Alliance agree to adhere, and are a good representation of my reviewing and product recommendation ethics here on Coffee & Kink:
- All products recommended by the blog are body-safe.
- All shops recommended by the blog are safe.
- All blogs respect the diversity of gender and don’t gender sex toys as “male” or “female.”
- All blogs are written by people who are passionate about the subjects they cover, not by people who are only trying to make money. Many of us make some money but it isn’t the main reason we write.
- All of the writers in our alliance show honesty and authenticity in their reviews.
- All of the writers of the blogs in our Alliance can demonstrate that they genuinely own ALL the products that they review and recommend.
- All writers are genuinely knowledgeable in their subjects. They don’t copy their content from elsewhere or “regurgitate” external content.
- No blogs in the Alliance contain discrimination, hate or material intended to shame/exclude.
- No blogs in the Alliance use questionable, unethical, or uncompetitive methods to build links and advertise their website. In short, we are genuine bloggers.
- There is a preference that the blogs have been up for at least 1 year and have at least 16 reviews published.
How to Join the Alliance
If you are an independent tester and reviewer of sex toys and pleasure products, you may be eligible to join the Alliance!
If you’d like to join the Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers, please contact sextoytesteralliance(at)gmail(dot)com. Applications to join will be submitted to an anonymous group vote open to all other members, and approval will only be granted after a majority vote in your favor. Upon acceptance, you will need to post the membership list on your own blog, featuring dofollow links to all other members.
This page and the Alliance members list was last updated on 5 April 2023 and is reviewed regularly.