BEFORE YOU PITCH ME! Are you a marketer spamming hundreds of sex blogs with your generic “guest post” request as a transparent SEO tactic? If so, I’m not interested, please don’t waste my time or yours.
Are you a sexuality writer? Do you want to write for Coffee & Kink, get published and get paid? Great! You’ve come to the right place. Here’s what you need to know before you pitch me.
What am I looking for?
Insightful, unique articles related to sex and sexuality. I accept personal essays, reported journalism, how-to pieces and, occasionally, listicles. Please read the site extensively and check out previous guest posts to get an idea of tone and the kinds of things I publish. Possible areas might include, but are not limited to:
- Kink/BDSM/consensual power exchange
- Polyamory, swinging, ethical non-monogamy
- Sex and… (ageing, disability, parenting?)
- Sex and popular culture
- Sexual politics
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Sex toys
- Interviews with people doing awesome work in the sex field
I am particularly interested in hearing from marginalised voices and would especially love to hear from trans folks, people of colour, and those with disabilities.
You can write under a pseudonym if you wish, and if you have a blog or social media account I can link back to it.
What am I NOT looking for?
I will not publish the following:
- Anything at all related to sex acts involving anybody underage, non-human or non-consenting.
- Age play/DDlg.
- Anything advocating sex acts I consider dangerous.
- Generic “the best sex toys ever” type listicles.
- “How to please your man” content of the type you’d find in a typical glossy magazine.
- Anything advocating a “One True Way”.
- Erotic fiction.
- Pieces which are just a retelling of some sex you had.
- Anything designed to promote your store or product (you pay me for this, not the other way around!)
- Product reviews. (I might occasionally take a book or film review if you can weave it into a wider narrative.)
- Anything with misogynistic, homo-/bi-/trans-phobic, racist, fatphobic, whorephobic or sex-negative content.
Do not send multiple ideas. Do not say “I want to write for you” without pitching an actual topic. And do not, for the love of God, ask me to assign you a topic.
How to pitch me
Email an outline of your idea to coffeeandkink69 (at) gmail (dot) com. Tell me what you want to write about, why you think it’s important, and why you’re the right person to write it. Your pitch doesn’t need to be long, but the more detail you can give me, the better chance I’ve got of deciding if it’s a good fit. Vague or generic pitches are unlikely to be accepted.
Please put “pitch”, “article idea” or similar in the subject line.
If you’ve been published before, send me a clip or two. If not, tell me so! I’m keen to include newer voices to sex writing. All that matters to me is that you have a good idea and can write.
DO NOT SEND COMPLETE PIECES. They will be deleted unread. Pitches only, please.
Please give me up to 4 weeks to get back to you as I am very busy. I will respond to all pitches, even if only to say “thanks but not for me.” If you’ve heard nothing after 4 weeks, feel free to ping me a follow-up email.
Do I get paid?
Of course! I can’t afford much (sorry) but I pay £25 for each published article. Payment can be Paypal, a voucher to the online store of your choice, or a donation to your favourite charity. No BACS or paper cheques, sorry.
Payment is on publication.